Corten Steel plant frames
Corten Steel, also known as weather resistant steel, is a steel alloy made of iron which has copper, silicon, nickel and chromium added. As soon as Corten Steel is exposed to the elements it will naturally weather and develop a protective layer of rust, this can take several months. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. Characteristic of Corten Steel is the orange brown rust colour and its longevity.
The standard material thickness of our Corten Steel planters is 3mm,
• The products are delivered un-rusted
• The products must be unpacked immediately after delivery so any moisture between the packaging and the product is not sealed. This will result in irregular rust and stains.
• Very strong and wear-resistant
• Weatherproof and durable material
• Warm and natural appearance
• Customisation possible
• We only use Corten Steel category A type S355JOWP
• We recommend ‘Owatrol’ varnish which will stop the planter from rusting any further (available from us)
• 5 year warranty
• Varnish • Rust accelerator
• Rust accelerator
• Bespoke dimensions can be calculated via the 'custom made' module